View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #11
yipyap
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 049 It has been quite a while since I first responded! So!

My response to this issue, as you all have read earlier, was quite some time ago.
I have noticed that our Yorkie Talk Web Site has continued to be full of new questions and stories from members both recently enrolled as well as from those who have apparently been with our website for quite some time. As long as all of us who love our little Yorkshire Terriors continue to take an active, caring, and interested role in our breed, our Yorkie Talk Website as well as the YTC of the United States should continue to survive. Afterall, the Yorkshire Terrior is One of THE Most Popular Dog Breeds in our nation! If our organization is having difficulties, perhaps it is time for some new members who love it to step forward and keep the organization going. It may be time for the older membership and officers to actively encourage new members' viewpoints and harness their energy, ideas, and fresh resources. Yorkshire Terriors are here to stay; it is up to those people who love the breed to make certain that the Yorkshire Terrior Club opens its doors to include both the older members as well as new younger owners! To survive ANY organization must aggressively work to include All owners of a great breed to have a voice in its Association and a role in its leadership. No dog association (or any organization) can survive and go forward if it only clings to old rules which only seek "like-minded members" who cannot embrace all owners' concerns. Otherwise, ANY association becomes a "bastion of the old guard" and it will lose the interest of more and more new owners! Why should new owners see any reason to join if they feel they are not actively welcomed and their opinions are not heard or valued.
This Is True Of Any and All Organizations!! -- YipYap

Last edited by yipyap; 01-30-2014 at 10:15 PM. Reason: spelling correction
yipyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!