View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 05:59 PM   #9
PamperedYorkies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
Wishing you the best of luck. Did you breed her back to the same sire as before or choose a different one? The first litter sounds like something messed with the DNA, either bacterial in origin or genetically passed on. Did you do any pre-breeding testing and check through the pedigrees thoroughly before selecting a sire? Sorry most of this is past doing now, but for the next time....

FYI: May get more responses if you post in the Breeders forum... I'll ask to get this thread moved there....
Thank you! She was bred to the same sire. I didn't think of DNA issues, on the basis that both Lola and the sire came from my breeder's lines and she hand selected the sire, so I have to admit, until now I was fairly passive, just let my breeder lead the way because I'm learning and I didn't want to 'insult' her experience by questioning it. That was kind of stupid on my part, wasn't it?

I did look at the pedigrees, but merely from a perspective of the number of champions…31 in the 4 generations before Lola and the sire…I was pretty impressed by that

I'm hoping and praying so hard that a DNA defect is not the case. But it is definitely something I will keep in mind and consider going forward.

Thanks for requesting the move to the Breeders' forum. I don't quite know how to request joining groups or posting tot heir forums yet.

And thank you soooo much for your response!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!