View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #1
ElizabethBennet
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Help with crying/barkibng puppy

I'm sure this question has been answered many times. I've been on the forums and have read many of the posts. I'm just not sure what I'm dealing with. There are lot's of different opinions and I'm not sure what advice is helpful and what is not.

I've had Elizabeth the yorkie since late Dec 2013. She is about six months old. She came from a breeder.

She barks and cries when I leave for work. She's really not a barker otherwise. I'm not totally sure, but I think she only barks for about an hour.

I have a web cam on her and I use Skype on my cell phone to check on her. The connection drops very often so I can't be totally sure she is stopping after an hour or my Skype call isnt connecting properly. The video and audio go out often. I have not found a better solution for checking in on her.

I leave her in an ex-pen with water, a bed, and toys. She is good with going potty on her pads. She gets a Kong stuffed with Kong brand cheese in a can. When I get home the Kong is empty of it's cheese filling. Sometime I leave her with C.E.T. chews. She will not eat these chews when I leave her home alone. In fact, I might find the chew on the potty pad. I just thought this was strange. She loves the C.E.T. chews otherwise.

I leave for work at three PM and return at eleven PM. I don't make a fuss when I leave for work and I don't make a fuss when I come back home.

Will she grow out of this barking behavior? It breaks my heart to hear her cry. Should I hire a dog trainer? I plan on taking her for classes but have not gotten to it yet. I was waiting for the weather to clear up before taking her out. She's had all her vaccinations already.

Thanks for all your help.
ElizabethBennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!