View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 05:43 AM   #11
jasminescottage
Yorkie Yakker

Default Reaction to 2nd shots and worming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzypoo View Post
I was, and still am having the same concerns as you. I took my Izzy in for her second round of shots Thursday and she received the 5 way and within 30 minutes she started puking until there wasn't anything else to puke and just look horrible and very lethargic. I took her immediately to a differents vets office because the one she got her shots from said they couldn't get her in until a little later and I was PO'd and the vets office I took her too gave her a shot of Benedryl. and said that the first round of shots she was given at 7 weeks by the breeder were to early to do anything and that they don't recommend the 5 way the only do the 2 way and seemed to go more towards Dr. Dodd. I was really torn when deciding what shot place to go to her locally because they both do totally different things besides the differences in shots one deworms and the other one doesn't unless needed. I wish I would have went with my gut in the first place, I was worried about the cost and then ended up paying double anyway for two office visits, shots at one and then shot of benddryl at the other. I sounds like your little had similar problems. Izzy has been fine today and yesterday so I think she is on the mend. Hope you little one is on the mend as well.
Oh my. This does sound like the same story in so many ways!

There is nothing we could have done to control when the breeder had the first shots administered. The day we found her and brought her home was her 8 week birthday so what was done was done.

We have gone to our vet for a long time and I trust them. I am going to talk to them before this next appointment and get clear on the fact that this has to be done differently as she really need not go through that again. It was horrible for both of us. There is no need to see our babies in that distress when it can be avoided.

These babies are just so tiny that much has to be considered for sure.
jasminescottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!