View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 12:58 AM   #1
Onyok_Bentot
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question *** NEWBIE *** Female Yorkie Owner

Greetings!

I decided joined today after adopting a 10 week old Female Yorkie Pup. All our prior dogs have been Jack Russells and Poodle-Shihzu Hybrids, so this is our first Yorkie. We have so many questions.

Even at her young age, Coco, named after Coco Chanel, because she has a very lady-like manner and always smells sooo goo. She's very different from our other dogs. The first and foremost thing we notice is her intelligence at so young an age. The only challenge we have had has been potting training, especially the first week, which I had read was common.

Anyway, I wanted to inquire about your experiences and tips & tricks with keeping her eyes and ears clean. Our vet recommended only bottled, filtered water instead of tap or even from the fridge. She says that our water is unusually hard and sometimes the high calcium content of hard water may cause more tearing up than if she drinks filtered water.

Any tips and tricks for a newbie Yorkie owner are much appreciated. Such as how often to bathe? Safest way to clip nails, flea and tick prevention.

Thank you!

Respectfully,

Onyok

Onyok_Bentot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!