View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 10:19 AM   #10
Lisa and Pic
♥ Piccolo & Vivi ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Ouch! I'm glad you were not injured, Lisa. My mother broke her wrist that way, so I am paranoid.

One of my worst falls was walking out the front door to take puppy Max for a walk. We have 3 brick steps with no railing. I was like you and didn't see the ice. My feet went out from underneath me and I landed on my back, hitting my head on the brick. I dropped Max's leash, but thankfully he didn't run off because he was worried about me.

Hope you aren't more sore later or have any bruises. Enough of winter!
Oh, that sounds just awful! Glad Max was such a good boy and stayed with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
A;; you ladies and gents with ice coated walks, driveways, etc, BE CAREFUL!!!! Broken hips, arms and head injuries are of course horrible this time of year....
Personally, my last trip into my commercial style mop pail with ringer, where I broke ribs, was my last major fall.....I have really changed some things I do around here simply because I have deteriorated to all the gracefullness of a hog on ice.
Oh my goodness, how awful. I am relating to the gracefullness comment too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Sis View Post
oh no... glad you didnt get too hurt!!!

My story... I had on heels and was at schools (I'm a teacher) and was walking my 6th grade class to the media center. I had the students in a row and was walking backwards at the front to check on their progress. Yes... you guessed it... on my butt!!!!

Another time I was running into the house, that house had a front pourch that was converted to a room, we used it as a living room. the pasage between the front room to the main part of the house still had a sliding door-- my dear husband had closed the door--pulling the glass sliding door in place. I hit it full force - running from the front door across the room into the slider.... almost knocked me out. I broke my nose...blood every where. I started screaming I need a towel, my dh brough me a tissue. I had bathtowel amounts of blood and he brought ONE tissue... sigh I told the neighbors he hit me, he got really mad at me. lol

Those sounds awful Shinja! How awful about your nose, but too funny you said your DH did it. You are wicked...
Lisa and Pic is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!