View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
TwinMom0804
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Aggression and biting in new puppy.

Hello! I am new here. Toby is not full blood yorkie. He is part Maltese and part yorkie, but seems to have a lot of yorkie in him. I was not sure where to go for help, so came here.
He is about 8 was old now. We got him a couple weeks ago. I realize now that she let us have him too early. Anyways, he is VERY playful and energetic. Sometimes a little too much. He play bites a lot, almost the whole time someone is trying to play with him. I try tapping his nose and a firm no when he does, and then he just gets worse. I try to hold him to calm him down and show him who is boss and he gets worse. Wiggles and writhes and nips so much that I have to put him down. We are in the middle of containing him to the kitchen area to help with housetraining. When I let him out for a little bit to play, that is when he gets very aggressive. And we do go in the kitchen to play with him while he is in there. We do not just let him sit and sleep all day. Just tonight, while he was out, he was getting pretty aggressive while I was playing with him, jumping up at me face, so I tried to hold him again to calm him. He turned around and bit me. Pretty hard. So I smacked his nose with a very firm "no", and he growls at me and bites me again. So I out him directly back into the kitchen.
I do not know what to do. I do not want a dog like this. I have two kids, one with Down Syndrome, and I do not want a dog that bites. I love him to death, but do not know what to do. Please help!!
TwinMom0804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!