View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 06:29 AM   #1
avesen20
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Wants to buy a Yorkie Puppy so badly but works full time (8 hrs.)

Hi Guys!

I've been wanting to get a Yorkie for the longest time and since I have the financial capabilities to do so already, I'm planning on getting one. Before I do so, I really want to ask you guys if it's a good decision to make.

First Issue:

I work from 10 AM - 6 PM but there are also times where I have to do overtime or have meetings that are at 6 pm, which means I won't be home within 8 - 12 hrs. per day. I plan on taking leave for about a week or two in order to spend time with my puppy. I was thinking of leaving her in a play pen while I'm gone which has toys, food and a toilet area. I'll give her lots of love and attention when I get home and will always walk her in the morning. Plus, I have weekends to spend all day with her. What do you guys think?

Second Issue:
I actually live in a condo from Monday - Friday by myself, then on Saturday - Sunday, I go home to my parent's house. Would this confuse/mess up my puppy's potty training? I plan on having a play pen here at my condo, as well as at my parent's house. I have no relatives that lives near my condo as well, so nobody would be able to check on my puppy.

I really want your advice on this. This is my second time getting a dog, but she passed away last year. My situation right now is really different from before.

All advice would be much appreciated.
avesen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!