View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 06:15 AM   #6
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

What a little cutie, I assume you have tried leaving her for very short periods of time, if not start with 20 min, then give her a treat when you come home. Thunder shirt sounds like a great idea, lots of pups are less anxious with it. I think if she got along with the other yorkie before and since they are the same age and size it would be a great match, perhaps the breeder would let you do it as a trial for about a week, then you could see how she does. If it goes well you could eventually crate them together. I had two I crated together for years and they would often be snuggled together when I came home. Have you tried putting the crate on a table or someplace high where she can see outside. When Lola was a puppy and I crated her I found it caused her less anxiety if she could see outside so I placed the crate on my kitchen table so she had the birds, squirrels, ducks and geese to keep watch over. Now she has the run of the house, but always goes upstairs to her bed on the second floor foyer so she can look out the window and survey our whole street, this gives her first glimpse of me when I drive up. I can always see her running down the stairs when I drive in. Perhaps you can place the crate where she can see out to the street, dogs really like looking out the window.

As you know leaving a dog in a car is not a great solution too many things can happen. what happens when you do, does she have accidents there?

Good luck I am sure it breaks you heart to know how upset she gets when you leave.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!