View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 02:32 PM   #9
BabyFidgette
Learn Yorkie CPR!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniemiss
A few weeks ago, my husband suggested that we put the crate inside of the Xpen. I thought he was crazy. But after researching here, I found that it is actually done. Now that I think about it, it is a great idea. It would definitely save space b/c it seems like her stuff is all over our living room!

I would like to start doing this. So far, she has been crate trained and rarely has an accident. We leave her in there while at work and/or at night. She sleeps in there. She's in her Xpen at other times. Here, she eats, plays, lounges, etc. Sometimes, she will have accidents and pee/poop in there.

Tonight I put the crate in the Xpen just to see how she would do. I was wondering if I should leave the door open so that she can go in and out freely. Also, we usually leave newspaper and a small rug in there for her. She has pulled it all out to play with. Do you leave newspaper in your crates? Should I leave her toys out of the crate so that she learns that the Xpen is her play area? I plan to leave her food and water in the usual place in her Xpen. I just have to get this potty training thing down. I plan to buy a litter box tomorrow.

Thank you in advance!!
Well, I tried that, and this is what happened. Baby climbed on TOP of the crate and then proceeded to climb out of the xpen!!! Now she climbs out of the xpen!!! So much for the xpen...and I REFUSE to crate her all day while I'm at work. What I will eventually do is put some kind of cover on the xpen.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!