View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 08:34 PM   #1
Dbrown910
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 036 Question: my yorkie had litter of 6, 5 alive

Hi
My yorkie had her first litter of pups 11 days ago on January 9th. She had 6 pups but one was still born. We have 5 thriving pups now. The first week or so Nikki (my mom yorkie) wouldn't even leave the box to eat. I put her bowl inside to feed her. She has been in calcium and vitamins since dày one of delivery and has plenty of milk. She has been an awesome new mom cleaning, feeding, protecting her babies. My concern is the past couple days she has left the box more and more. Today she has even been laying out of the box quite a bit but does get back in ever so often and let's them nurse. She has 3 larger pups and 2 little runts. One girl and one boy runt. The girl is the smallest. Almost the entire time Nikki is out of the box the little girl yells. When I make her get back in to let her nurse most of the time she just crawls up on mommy's side and goes to sleep. So I don't think she's hungry. My questions are. Should Nikki be leaving the box laying other places this early? Also, why does the girl runt cry when she apparently isn't hungry? She has gained weight as well. Just concerned.
Dbrown910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!