View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #32
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Pit Bulls were actually bred for bull baiting originally.

Here is a good article explaining (from a reputable rescue):
Pit Bull Information | Mid-America Bully Breed Rescue

It is just scary to me. I have seen some Pit Bulls that "grew up" at the dog park. And then all the sudden, one day they decide to latch on to a dog and not let go. You really need a break steak to get them apart if they are with intent to kill. For a small dog though, that one bite could be the end.

The thing is though, like Yorkies, a lot of BYBs got their hands on pits, so often times they're very waterered downed pits, and will be fine with other animals throughout their life. And then again, human aggression started creeping in because of stupid people who want a dog like that.

But I just feel like a lot of TV shows and people have this "It's ALL the way you raise them!" mentality and that can be JUST as scary as the "All pit bulls are evil monsters" view! Just because you have a Pit with DA doesn't make them a 'bad dog'. They just need to be managed well. I would never release Jackson into a fence full of rabbits with no protection. He would probably kill at least one. Why put him through the stress, as well as allowing other animals to be in danger on purpose?
No, Bull Dogs were used to bait bulls in England.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!