Thread: Picky eater
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

We went through much the same thing with Gracie. I do not support the theory that if a dog is hungry enough it will eat. The first months of life are when healthy bones and organs are formed. Good nutrition is important. We also tried several brands of kibble and canned food. The truth of it was she seemed almost repulsed by the stuff. After finally starting to read the actual ingredient lists and not just the company's empty promises I started to understand why.

For a while I prepared her meals myself and then we decided to go with a commercial raw dog food. She loves it and has done very well on it for over 2 years. Sometimes I will make a few homemade meals for her. Either way it is better than the low quality stuff I was trying to force her to eat before.

The pet food industry is not always what it appears. It is self regulated, meaning they do not have any standards to uphold. Be very careful when choosing a brand for your pup. Do some investigation. Even the labeling on pet food is allowed to be very misleading.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!