View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #14
FryFry
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink66 View Post
We have a lab/border collie who weighs 95 lbs. When she was a year old we got Luke, my Cavalier. He was 2 1/2 lbs when we brought him home. Grace seemed to understand from the very beginning how fragile he was and she has never hurt him, intentionally or not. When Puff came home (Yorkie) she was 2 lbs and Grace has always gone out of her way to be careful of her. Grace likes to sleep behind our couch sometimes and to get out from behind it she backs out. She goes so slow and puts each foot down so gently it just amazes me. We couldn't have imagined a better dog with little ones--and we adopted her from a shelter.

On the other hand, when it comes to any other big dog, Puff and Luke are kept away for the most part. The way I see it, their lives are too precious to risk just to say hi to some dog they don't know. Puff's father was killed by a friend's dog when Puff was 2 weeks old.
YIKES! Sorry about Puff's father. I don't always allow Leo to sniff large, or even small dogs. Most of the time I just walk past them. I do want him to get socialized and accustomed to all dogs, no matter the size. The puppy class we're in is only for small puppies.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!