View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 08:14 PM   #11
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

It's entirely dependent on the situation, the dogs, the environment, etc. In our agility class, most people are very well versed in canine body language, and know their dogs well. So occasionally after class, I will let Jackson play with the dogs. The trainer has two Border Collies who love to run with Jax after class. I am completely comfortable with that (and, in fact, want a BC someday). I've allowed him around big dogs, family members dogs, etc. He was around a gorgeous Dogue De Bordeaux one day who was the most gentle, kind thing ever.

I'm iffy with certain dogs and breeds around him. My uncle's German Shepherd for example is very dog selective. She can be rough, and he gets defensive. I don't want her to get defensive back. They do wonderful on leash together, and in public, but I won't bring Jackson over the house with her. Too small of a space, etc.

My grandma's 100lb Goldendoodle is slightly obnoxious but very friendly, and kind of 'dumb'. He would never fight back. Jackson has given him the what-for a few times as he's clobbered on top of him. We have to monitor them closely.

Jackson is not a fan of dogs, no matter what size, who are not respectful. He does not do well with most bully breeds.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!