View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 06:29 AM   #12
Annie09
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Good Morning!

I wish I could hug each and every one of you! Thank you so much for your prayers and kind words. When I dropped Annie off, the tech went over the options of anesthesia and I chose the mask rather than the IV. I didn't want her to have too many needle sticks! I chose blood work and since I am working with a behaviorist to help potty train her, I needed to make sure she didn't have any type of urinary infection.

As I handed her to the tech, she gave me her terrified look, and I thought I was going to come unglued! With her being a rescue, I have terrible thoughts of what she has experienced in her short 4 years and I don't want to add to that or have her feel like she is being abandoned again.

They called and said that everything went well. They extracted two teeth and also discovered that she has three missing teeth. Her bladder was too small so they couldn't get a urine sample, but they sent her home on Clavamox and Tramadol for pain.

I chuckled to myself when they brought her out. She looked like Albert Einstein! Her hair on her head was standing straight up and the hair around her muzzle was plastered to her face. She was a mess, but she was my sweet little mess!

Her personality seemed so different when we got home. I put her in her potty area and she peed, but when I took her upstairs to the family room, she peed on the floor. When we went to bed, she sleeps on her own pillow between my hubby and I, and she acted like she had no idea where to sleep. She also would moan when you petted her. I'm sure this was all due to anesthesia and not feeling well.

Today, she seems to be getting back to her old self, thank goodness!

Again, I just want to thank all of you for your prayers and kind words. Annie thanks you too!

Hugs,

Katheleen

PS sorry for the long post :-)

Last edited by Annie09; 01-17-2014 at 06:31 AM.
Annie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!