Thread: First grooming
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #11
caseymarie09
Senior Yorkie Talker

Ok, first grooming experience was a nightmare. I had a feeling it would be but not quite as bad =/. My appointment was at 4, when I get there she was running behind and said to leave her and I could come back at 6-6:30. I didn't know I would have to leave her and it killed me (idk if I'll ever be able to have kids haha) but I got back at 6 and she was just bathing her. She was throwing a fit and the woman was saying it feels like she's very matted. That was the first thing that made me mad, not including that I had to leave her, but I brush her at least once a day, twice most of the time, and I KNEW she wasn't matted or any knots. I told her that and then she was saying it must be that her hair is just rough. She used moisturizing shampoo and put conditioner on her like 3 times and was going on and on about how she smells like smoke (my parents do so I can't help that). Then she cut her nails, which Lola hated and was yelping so I thought she was hurting her. Then dried her as she was combing her hair, which she also hated. I showed her the picture and told her specifically not to cut the top know because I want it to grow to put in a hairbow and we talked about everything when I dropped her off. I had to hold her down for everything she did and take breaks and before I knew it and could say anything she combed all of her top straight down and cut straight across like bangs. So I couldn't say anything then because it was already done. She completely cut out around her eyes. It looks choppy but I guess that's to be expected. She didn't cut her body hair and charged me $5 less because "she didn't do that much". I planned on tipping her $5 to start with and went ahead and gave her what I was going to just because she gave her such a hard time. I'm a hairdresser so I have a soft spot for tips and know what it's like lol..But now it's going to take such a long time for that to grow back out and it wasn't even as long as I wanted to start with. Sorry for the long post but here are some pictures. Yes, they look cute, but it looks different in the pictures.

DSCN0007.JPG
This is why I wanted it to grow so it would stay up better.

DSCN0106.JPGDSCN0107.JPG
caseymarie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!