View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 11:11 AM   #11
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra
Alaska Yorkie? How do you handle the cold with your Yorkie? Are you taking them outside to have them do their thing? (oh my gosh...Terra...call it like it is...pee and poop!)

Yorkie Love,
Terra
This winter has been a breakthrough for Eddie. He started by hating to go outside in the cold. He was gaining weight because we couldn't do our daily walks. I finally got him used to wearing booties, and that made all the difference! It was a struggle. Every day for a week or two, I'd chase him around the house until I could catch him and put on his booties. then I'd hold a treat in front of his nose and make him walk to it. He finally forgot he was wearing them, and winter has been fun ever since.

Of course, for daily pee breaks, booties aren't real practical because at best they take a couple minutes to get on. But I've found that now that he likes to play in the snow, he doesn't mind going out for a short pee break bootieless.

Hope this helps.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!