View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 06:32 AM   #14
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

I have heard it said on the infamous Animal Planet and by other so called animal experts that if you do not want to be bothered with having to do a lot of exercising then get a toy sized dog. I would like to scream at them whenever I hear it.

Except for about 4 months out of the year Gracie gets at least 2 fairly long walks a day. She also spends a lot of time with me out in the yard investigating all the scents and sounds out there. A few games of fetch is a must.

This time of year indoor fetch and chase games are her major forms of exercise. She misses the outdoors but when I open the door and she feels the cold and sees the snow she gladly backs up away from that icy beast that has taken over her world. It is an extra effort to keep her content but she is my responsibility, besides I would not want to be locked up and bored either.

When people complain about their dogs misbehavior 9 times out of 10 they are not giving their pet the physical and mental stimulation they need. How can anyone expect a healthy animal to become a couch potato?
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!