View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 09:27 PM   #10
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

There was an episode of a show called something like,"The dirtiest Jobs on Earth"...that may not be the correct name but I am sure those that are familiar with the show, will recognize it. Anyway, the "star" of the show said he had something to share, something that taught him a very valuable lesson and he wanted to share that point with the rest of the world. He was referrences the castration of lambs....the rancher put a lamb on the chopping block, show the "star" how to cut the scrotum, reach in and grab the testicles, pull them out, and then benmd down and bite them off the lamb!!! The "star" was shocked and stupefied and said he just could NOT do that procedure. The rancher put the lamb down on the ground, where it bleeted a couple of times and then ran around like nothing had ever happened. The rancher said there was another way, the "way the animal rights activist insisted it be done, with a rubber band." The rancher grabbed another lamb, put him on the chopping block, rancher twisted the band tightly around the scrotum....rancher put the lamb down, where it staggered and fell and stumbled and fell and staggered around, bleeting pathetically, for 20-30 minutes..."star" asked how long that was going to continue, and rancher told him the testicles would necrotize and drop off from lack of blood supply in about 3-4 days...."star" was dumbfounded. The "humane, civilized" way to castrate lambs was clearly torture to the lamb, waiting for his testicles to rot and drop off....where as the lamb the rancher had rapidly bitten the testicles off, was up and running around in no apparent discomfort, almost immediately after the procedure. The "stars" whole point is that often times the more civilized, kinder way to do something, was actually more barberic than the way ranchers and farmers have been doing thing for hundreds of years. I remember my father telling me something about cows bloating up and they will die if the bloat is not relieved and the stomach decompressed...they used to take a knife and stick it into the cow, back behind what I call that hip bone, and that bloat wouyld disappear....I dont know if this is what Dr.Pol is correcting by turning a cow on its back and stitching the stomach to the belly of the cow.....but maybe you farmers out there can tell me!

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 01-15-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!