View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #1
Sunnydayz
YT 500 Club Member

Default Gizmo tried to lift his leg to pee on pad and missed :-(

So I'm wondering if anyone has had a male pup, who all of a sudden decided to try to lift their leg from the wood floors and aim for the pad, only to miss ? He's always been really good inside and squats to pee on his pad. When he goes on walks he lifts his leg to pee. He's never gotten the 2 confused until today. I watched as he walked across the hard wood floor over to the pad, but instead of going onto the pad he got right next to it and lifted his leg, only to miss and leave a puddle on the floor :-( I just got him fixed 2 weeks ago and wonder if his hormones are still off ad e got a bit confused? He has never lifted his leg in the house. Has anyone else had this happen, and if so how did you correct it?

He has since went back and peed on his pad, after I told him only potty on the pad. He does understand the command of go potty on the pad, and then I reward him after he goes. Obviously though he got no reward of a treat with the puddle on the floor lol, all he got was a reprimand. Since he's used it since properly, and gotten rewarded, I am hoping it was a one time thing :-(
Sunnydayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!