View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
theporkieyorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

Default The Incredible Dr Pol~not so incredible?!?

Nat Geo has a show on a vet in rural MI called "The incredible Dr Pol." I think it accurately depicts large animal vets in rural MI, but others have called him outdated and barbaric. I do think he is a bit outdated, but I also think the way he operates is fairly standard for a large animal vet in rural MI....but NOT so accurate for most small animal vets.

Anyways...just wondering what other people's POV is on Dr Pol is?!?

On another note...I would love if Nat Geo further explored Veterinary care in other areas. I think it would be great to see a show on the cutting edge veterinary work that's being done at some of the universities. I remember one show on TV that briefly talked about animals getting prosthetic limbs and another show where stray cats were donating kidneys for kidney transplants and they would often end up going home with the cat they donated a kidney to. The kidney surgery was something like $20,000. I think Nat Geo would be doing a bigger service to the veterinary community and animals in general, if they showed the many possibilities in vet care now...not that they can't show Dr Pol too...but it gives people and unrealistic perception on what standard large and small animal vet care is/should be.

What do you think??
theporkieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!