View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #1
caseymarie09
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Feeding table food?

I know feeding dogs table food isn't good. But my parents think otherwise and I hate it! Lola doesn't eat very much of her dry dog food, maybe 1/4 cup a day, if that. My parents hate to see her stare at them while they're eating and when she begs they will sometimes give her a couple bites of bread, couple spoonfuls of gravy, and I just caught my mother giving her a McDonald's french fry! Every time I seen them doing this I try to tell them to stop but they always say "We've had dogs before and table food never hurt them and they need different stuff besides the same old dry dog food sometimes." Well, I feel like that's why she doesn't eat her food very often because she might be developing a habit of them feeding her other things. I feed her Beneful for puppies right now, but I have gotten 2 samples in the mail recently of Solid Gold and Wellness. I haven't seen a difference since I've fed her those. We used to have 3 pomeranians and they wouldn't dare touch dog food; they had to have treats and that's all they lived on. I DO NOT want Lola to be that way. So, tell me, is it seriously a really bad thing to every now and then feed her something like gravy or bread, etc? I've always heard wet canned food gives them the runs and I'm afraid to try that.

Last edited by caseymarie09; 01-14-2014 at 09:59 AM.
caseymarie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!