View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #1
Daisy_May
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Help Needed For Our Daisy

Hi Everyone,

I am new member and only wish I would have known about Yorkie Talk much sooner.....I found Yorkie Talk while looking for an answer to my little girl, Daisy's, symptom's that start this morning. I am scared.

Daisy was lying on the back of my chair, as usual, while I read the morning paper. She suddenly stood up and lost her balance and almost fell. I took her into my arms and she was shivering as if frightened. Her little body started to jerk as if she had a horrible case of the hiccups. She wanted out of my arms and went to the recliner foot rest where she once again lost her balance, this time she fell over but got right back up and once again into my arms. I soothed her and she calmed down and had no sign of anything being wrong. Then about 5 minutes later she was walking and started to stagger and the shivering and hiccup symptoms returned. This continued intermittently for about 30 minutes. She now seems alright, but I am closely watching her.

Daisy is 3 yrs. old, current on all shots and has never been ill. She was
"in heat" up until last week and it is impossible that she could be pregnant as she has been around No other dogs.

When Daisy came into our lives my husband and I were working, my health was great and we could afford to purchase and care for a little Yorkie puppy. Now, 3 years later, I am disabled and last Nov. my husband was laid off. We are hanging on by a thread, barely making ends meet. We have no money to take Daisy to a vet. This is the reason she has not yet been spade. If our little girl were a human, a hospital could not refuse treatment and we could diagnose what is happening to her. However, it is not the same with a vet. He will not see her unless we can pay for her visit & treatment. We have called other Vets in our area and were told the same by all, No Money No Care.

Has anyone else experienced these symptom's with their Yorkie?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for being here,
Angie
Daisy_May is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!