View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 09:27 PM   #13
McheleM
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post

Do your OWN studying and reading up on valid, EVIDENCED BASED RESEARCH that is now showing the incidence of cancer in unspayed females and unneutered males, is not resulting in some enormous increase in the incidence of cancers and other diseases attributed to intact females..... There are many unspayed females that live very long, cancer free lives....my Hailee was spayed and at 10 years of age, she was diagnosed with metastatic cancer through out her lungs....so cancer happens to any of them....The major push for spaying is to prevent all those "oooops" pregnancies. If you have an intact female, when she is in heat, you CAN NOT let her get within "kissing distance" of any intact male. This is a MAJOR responsibility for you as the owner of an intact female.....no excuses accepted. I have intact females as well as intact males, and you MUST know when your female is coming into heat and keep her locked up away from males....there are hundreds of us breeders thhat have successfully kept intact males and females on one property, in our homes, and NEVER had an "ooops" breeding.....it takes diligence and determination and WORK to keep your female unbred, but if you know what you are doing, and you stay aware of what is going on around you, you can do it with no problem. I promised myself I would NEVER get on here and encourage anyone to spay or neuter their pet, that everything would be just fine, blah, blah, blah....I did that once and the next day, her precious baby died on the table.....I was probably just as devastated as that member was, I have not gotten over that, and I will never do that again.....you research and decide on your own if this is something you want to risk....is your vet competent and knowledgable about the care of small dogs, during surgery as well as post op care....and your anesthesiologist.....competent? You make your decision based on what you determine to be important, and not because it it something encouraged by everyone else and what is right for them.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!