View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #7
MomtoJasper
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
Bella was very bitey at that age--I think it's a phase they go through during teething. If Bella bit too hard, I would say "No!" or "Ouch!" and remove my hand and hold the nylabone for her to chew on. Now at one year of age, Bella will occasionally gum my fingers, but I think it's more to get a taste, and she doesn't bite hard at all.

Bella's ears went up on their own at 6 to 8 months--no taping.

As a small puppy, we never allowed Bella on the furniture until she could get up and down safely on her own. Our floor is carpeted, so she lies on my back or on my pillow when I lie on the floor. That said, I don't think there's anything wrong with letting Logan sleep on your lap providing that you play close attention that he doesn't fall.

Bella is potty pad trained. We always have food and water available for her during the day. When she was young, we would take up the food and water an hour before bedtime. She drinks a lot, so she pees about every two hours, and poops maybe every 4 to 6 hours. We potty her just before bedtime. She has to get up once in the middle of the night. We used to set an alarm to make sure we got up and ensure there were no accidents, but now we can hear her whimper to go out in the night.
We did pretty much the same things with Jasper. He is also a year old. Biting may feel like it lasts forever. But, don't worry, he will be a year old and past the teething stage before you know it. Enjoy his puppyhood while you can.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!