View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 04:32 AM   #1
Genisys
Senior Yorkie Talker

Omg Is my puppy normal?

Hi everyone. My baby Logan is 2.5 months old. We've had him for 2 weeks now. During the second week he's turned into a demon puppy. I've had several dogs before raised from puppies but this is my first "small dog" or terrier ever. I'm wondering if this behavior is *normal * for a yorkie puppy his age, or if this will become problematic adult behavior. Basically as of last week he's VERY bitey. We can't even pet him anymore without him trying to gnaw a hand off. Now, he very obviously just playing, and not being vicious but I can only imagine that allowing him to bite hands can't lead to good adult behavior with the teeth. Could he be teething this young? We got him plenty of chew toys but he still loves to bite. The only time we can pet him without him turning it into play, is when he is tired. Which brings me to my next question. He absolutely loves sleeping in my lap on the couch, to the point where he whines for me to pick him up (he's too small to jump up on his own) avnd for course I'm a sucker and I let him up. I'm wondering do you all allow your yorkies on the furniture? Another question I have is when do their ears stand up on their own? I do not want to tape his ears . He is not going to be a stud or show doggy and we will love him with floppy ears just as much as perky ears, I'm just wondering if he's on track or not with that. They *almost *stand up, but they're still floppy lol. And finally, could you all share with me your feeding and "potty" sschedule for your puppies? Thanks for the help!
Genisys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!