View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 11:49 PM   #4
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I'm sure it is no fun having three dogs that don't get along. What could be worse??? Having four dogs that don't get along, I suppose.

I have to separate my dogs to feed them. They get along fine and play all the time, but my 6 1/2 pound Yorkie steals all my 21-pound Bichon's food. And my good natured, shy Bichon just stands there and lets him do it. Then, of course, the Yorkie goes back and eats his own food too. He steals everything else from the Bichon too....toys, bones, treats, etc. etc.

I feel sorry for your friend's little dog that is really being mistreated by the other dog. Often dogs will work things out between themselves - but not always.

I have know several people who have had to send one of their pets off to a happier home for just this reason --

I had a beautiful male cat and twice tried to bring another cat into my home (females), but he practically killed them. He was as mean as a cat can be - so - twice, I had to find another home for a cat that he wouldn't be nice to.

THEN - one day, I brought a stray little kitten home (it's eyes weren't even open yet), and he curled up with it and licked it, and they turned out to be best friends for more than 12 years. Apparently he wasn't threatened by or jealous of such a tiny little baby.

I wish I had some advice. But, I just don't know how you can change one animal's feelings or treatment toward another. In the end, I think we have to do whatever is best for all our pets.

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!