View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #3
theporkieyorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

Have you had her put under to get her teeth cleaned or for any other procedures??

I can't give you much advice...but I can tell you that my little male was neutered when he was 2.2 lbs at 1.5 years old. He was severely underweight at the time because he was rescued.....and he has now reached a healthy weight of 4 lbs, so I am sure he's a bit bigger than your little girl...but he was successfully neutered at a weight similar to your pup.

If you do spay her, I would suggest doing blood work-up, including her BATS before you spay her. Dogs with liver shunt problems can have a really hard time coming out of anesthesia(which is sometimes how liver shunts are found in the first place).

You have to weigh out the odds...obviously there is risk in anesthesia, but there would also be a HUGE risk if your little girl accidentally got pregnant at 2 lbs. There are also other issues that can arise when you don't spay a dog(pyometria etc etc). I am not saying you should spay her...just that there are risks both ways.

Got any pictures of Pixie?!? I am sure she's just a little cutie!!
theporkieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!