View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
Chelseahulali
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Pros & Cons of Spaying 2lb. Yorkie?

Pros & Cons of Spaying? Was hoping to get some help/opinions on this....we have a 6 year old, 2 lb. Female Yorkie named Pixie. We set up an appt to get her spayed on Monday but I'm having mixed feelings & have been reading different pros/cons on it. We never did it up until this point because of her size & worrying about her going under anesthesia. We've been told by people recently that we should get her fixed to prevent cancers, etc. She's never been a problem during her heat cycles and cleans up after herself really well. She is always with us too and never around male dogs either, so that hasn't been an issue. We will be staying with a family in March though that has a male Yorkie, so that may be risky. I was just wondering if any of you have had your tiny dogs spayed or neutered? Or if you had anything to share as to whether or not we should do it? I fear something happening to her during surgery because of how tiny she is. Any info or experiences of spaying a tiny Yorkie would be appreciated
Chelseahulali is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!