View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 10:25 AM   #5
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbena View Post
Yes tripe comes from beef
Thank you! Yup, it's 'from a cow', got their reply...I got confused by the 'variety meats'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokipoki View Post
I've seen the Oracle at my local store but have never tried it...the grain-free looks pretty good. A long time ago, I got a bag of the Dr. Harvey's Veg-to-Bowl and it was one of the rare foods I can think of that did not agree with Toki...the morning after I fed her Veg-to-Bowl for dinner, she threw up a lot of undigested vegetable chunks and what she was able to pass through her stool looked pretty close to how it looked going in. Maybe the fine-ground would have been better but the dehydrated pieces (soaked in boiling water) were still so firm and hard for her to breakdown...I know she wasn't absorbing hardly any nutrients from that food. The Oracle looks like the pieces are finer and there's dehydrated meat so I would think it is better digested...it looks more similar to something like THK's formulas.
That's exactly how their poopie was, the same going in...Grandma Lucy's said I can feed it to them straight out of the bag, dry. Wonder if that'll change anything Since I have 2 that had struvite crystals b4, I don't wanna risk giving them the dry since moisture is key in their diet. I was thinking of adding tripe to their diet & thought this was a great option where I can give it to them as 'treats'. They tried tripett b4 & loved it but I can't take the smell!
Princess can't have beef, it triggers her colitis, so I was wondering if beef tripe was ok to give. She was fine w/beef fat in Nature's Logic kibble...who knows, maybe it's not the beef @ all loll! They said to give Dr. Harvey a call, but I think I'll look for something else, not too fond of this freeze dried thing.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!