View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #26
GIGI243
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default adopting

Congratulations on your adoptions!
I also have two adopted Yorkies,Chico came to me two years ago,we think he's around 10yrs old,and is a "special needs 'child as he has developed Central Vestibular Syndrome,it breaks my heart to see him struggle with his balance,but since on Prozac and prednisone,he is allowing us to touch him and is eating better.
Reggie was adopted 6 months ago,he came from a "puppy mill" in Tennessee,had never been outside his wire cage,and needed surgery on one of his hind legs as he had a congenital issue,his front legs are bowed but they don't seem to bother him.
He has finally come around,and loves to be hugged and kissed,while he reciprocates.It was hard training him to go outside,he was afraid to walk on the grass,but now does "inspection laps" of our one acre fenced in backyard,he is a happy camper,and we feel so lucky to have them!!!
Adoption can be challenging,you must make a commitment to fix,heal and love a "damaged" dog,but in the end,and with persistence the rewards are infinite.Sounds to me your babies came from a better place than mine,enjoy them!
GIGI243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!