View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 10:18 AM   #1
jdouglas
Yorkie Talker

Default Potty Training and Multiple Pads?

Our new pup doesn't seem to like to go on different pads... But I am really not sure whats going on.

In the dining room we have a 4x4 play pen with his bed a blanket, food bowl, and a potty pad. He stays in here during the day when we leave the house or while we are up and doing things and cant keep an eye on him constantly. We are always at this end of the house and he can see us in the kitchen or the living room from this spot. He seems to refuse to use the potty pads in his play pen.

In the Kitchen we have a potty pad next to the back door for while he is out playing. This is were we put him in a hurry if he squats while he is out. He will go to this occasionally.

In the bedroom we use a baby gate to keep him in the bedroom bathroom.
Which is were he sleeps at night because he cries all night in his playpen but is fine with the bathroom where he can see our bed and is in the same room as us. It has his bed, another food/water bowl, and a potty pad. He uses his potty pads here every night. I have to replace the pad every morning before I leave to work.

I am not to sure why he refuses to use the pads in the play pen. He is getting hit and miss with the potty training. For 3 days he would run from anywhere in the house to his playpen to potty. Then come running to use to get a treat. We then took him to a vet for a checkup. And then he completely stopped using any pad for 3 days. Now the only place he seems to go is the occasional potty next to the back door. Or in the bathroom while we are sleeping.

Any suggestions? Any changes we should make?

Last edited by jdouglas; 01-02-2014 at 10:21 AM.
jdouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!