View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 09:46 AM   #6
Kataliadre
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiex10204 View Post
Thank you as well!! Yeah I think I was living in a fantasy world and expected them to cuddle, love each other and NO fights whatsoever right away. I was in for a wake up call when they got snippy. I just want my babies to love each other & be able to spend all day together.

Has anyone experienced any behavior like this when they brought home a new dog?
We had Dallas for about a year when we got Rory. Neither one are rescue pets, though, and neither have been abused... But Dallas was the same way at first. He acted like he was scared of Rory -- It was weird bc we brought Mika (not a yorkie) home and he loved her right away, but Rory... No, he hated her. I gave it time, let Dallas hide from her because my husband worships Dallas and thought it was just SO MEAN to bring another puppy in. I finally started holding them at the same time and that helped more than anything. I wouldn't let Dallas run away. He had to "face his fear", so to speak, and he realized she wasn't so terrible. Now they're each other's favorite playmates. Dallas still gets huffy when he's trying to cuddle mommy or daddy and Rory jumps up to cuddle too. He's rather stingy. But he will do it and sometimes they curl up on the couch together with no humans around and nap.

Again, neither one was a rescue, so the situations aren't the same, but I think they will come to love each other.
Kataliadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!