View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 05:34 PM   #1
Claire
YT Addict

Note Mardi Gras Memories

Well, it's Mardi Gras time ! Next tuesday is Mardi Gras Day. I was surprised to see that there are plenty of hotel rooms available and there are even flights available in and out of N.O. Mardi Gras weekend.
I'm a die hard, even when I was pregnant I would sit on the neutral ground all day long with about 100 close friends and family waiting for a parade. Someone would always bring a couch or two, we had our own port-a-potty and plenty of Popeye's chicken to go around! Growing up we had the ladders with the seats on top and after we grew out of the seats then we would just stand on ladders, usually 10 of us in a row, yelling at the top of our lungs for beads and cups!!!
I'm gonna miss it this year I just think that my daughter is too young for her first Mardi Gras. My parents disagree, my mom was at a parade when she went into labor with me and they have brought me to Mardi Gras every year since I was born. I did agree that some of my fondest memories were from Mardi Gras past, BUT there is plenty of time for me to make Mardi Gras memories with my daughter, when she is old enough to enjoy it!!! She knows how to raise her hands but has not yet caught on to yelling "Throw me something Mister", she's still working on Bye-Bye (she is 9 months old).

Any one have any Mardi Gras memories that they would like to share?
By the way, all you out-of-towners make sure you visit www.mardigras.com for everything mardi gras related, even live web cams!!!!

Join today and remove this ad!