Thread: Potato Soup
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
tokipoki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom View Post
Although my Potato Soup is quite simple, it is simply divine on a cold winter day.

1 onion finely chopped
1 stalk celery finely chopped
3 medium potatoes grated
1 medium potato cut into small cubes
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Lots of REAL butter

Toppings and add ins - optional - be creative with toppings
Bacon
Cheese
Ham
French fried onions

Melt a couple tablespoons butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and celery and cook until tender. Add grated potatoes and cook for several minutes stirring constantly to keep potatoes from sticking. Add the cubed potatoes and cover potatoes with water and simmer soup for about an hour adding more water as needed. During the last 1/2 hour of cooking slowly add heavy cream stirring constantly to keep the cream from curdling. Add butter and stir well. Serve with your choice of toppings.

Hubby likes cornbread with his soup.
Made this tonight! Delish! The grated potatoes really added a nice texture and consistency to the soup...never had heard of this before but it was perfect. I added some leftover Honeybaked Ham from Christmas and topped with some shredded sharp cheddar and crumbled bacon (yes, ham AND bacon!)...sooooooooo good! I can tell it will be even more delicious tomorrow! Would be awesome with some green onion or chives on top too (like a loaded baked potato). Thanks for the recipe
tokipoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!