View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
Sunnydayz
YT 500 Club Member

Default How long does anesthesia take to wear off completely ?

Gizmo got fixed yesterday and the poor baby was sitting up almost all night, with a glazed look in his eyes. They did say they gave him pain medication before I picked him up yesterday at 5pm. He's finally laid down as of about 4 or 5 this morning but still periodically sits up looking dazed.

I made a bed on the floor last night down next to his expen, so I could keep an eye on him, but he's still acting totally out of it :-( I have a onsie on him and have removed the back part several times to see if he needs to go potty, but e doesn't want to. I gave him some watered down raw food about midnight last night, and am giving him water through a syringe, because he doesn't want to drink from his bowl :-( he got fixed, had 5 teeth pulled and got a microchip yesterday. Just wondering how long it should take till he starts acting more alert. Not sure how to explain it because he des wake up, he just seems stoned ? His gums are pink, he's eaten food ad drank water, just not acting like himself I guess.

How long did it take your fur baby boy to go potty?

Thanks in advance for any advice :-)

I might call his vet later if he still seems out of it. Is it normal to take ths long acting this way? He got fixed later in the day yesterday.
Sunnydayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!