View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
bella_mia_hairy
YT 500 Club Member

Default Weekly Puppy growth

Has anyone had a pair born from c-section put on weight really fast. All my other litters were whelped by mom each having anywhere from 3-7 pups. This new litter only had 2. Which were very chunky at birth. 4 and 5oz.

My little girls seemed to gain 1 to 3 oz a day first two weeks. And averaged 4-5 oz weekly.

My question is are they putting on weight so quickly, because there is only two of them and no competition to nurse.

They are 7 weeks this week and have started on puppy mush. Their little chunky butts are weighing in at 34oz. They seem to be putting on less weight these past two weeks and seems to have leveled off. They have tiny little noses and short stubby legs. They are really cute and looking like they will have gorgeous silky hair. (I am keeping one and other girl is going to my dad's friend) so I will get to see her regularly just like my other litters

Mom is 5lbs comes from 5lb parents and dad comes from champion lined sires and sire only weighs 4lbs.

Mom eats a raw diet, I am thinking because she eats so healthily they picked up weight quickly. They are on organic puppy food, and supplemented with puppy formula.

Any ideas are welcome. I think I a just used to having large litters (3,4, 6, 7 pups last litters) and not used to twins
If I figure out how to post pic on this thread I will
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!