View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
Lil_Ddalgi
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Separation Anxiety

Hi everyone! I'm new to Yorkietalk. I just got my puppy a week ago and had some questions. She's was very shy and passive. It was kind of hard to get her to play but now that she is used to the place she's all over the place and super excited running around. I've started crate training but she doesn't seem to like the crate much. I give her treats before she goes in and she'll play in and out of her crate during play time. One issue that I'm concerned about is....I don't want her to develop separation anxiety. She used to whine a bit and then stop when she was crated or in her pen when we left. She usually fell asleep. Now that she's more bold, she goes crazy when we leave the room.

Today I had to leave her in a penned area with play space because our puppy sitter can't make it. I didn't want to leave her crated for 9 hrs. I put her crate with an open door to it, her favorite bed, lots of toys, kibble, water, and puppy pad. She's going onto 11 weeks so I've been concerned about her all day!! Any advice on how to minimize any anxiety when we leave and to prevent it from really turning into separation anxiety in the near future?
Lil_Ddalgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!