View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
RockyDog
Yorkie Yakker

Default Rocky went to the Rainbow Bridge

It hurts so much! He was 15 years old. He had dealt with a 1 1/2 tumor on his front left leg for 3 years. Never bothered him! He would just go about life like nothing was there. It was not able to be removed.....then shortly before his 15 th birthday it started to leak...we cleaned it and he worn a premie diaper on it. Silly boy... That to never bothered him. We changed and cleaned it daily. Took him to the vet got on some meds, but that would not stop the infection. I went to clean it on day after work and as I picked him up I noticed it was leaking big time. He would usually stand and fight me a little but this time he just laid on the towel on the counter. I opened the diaper and faced with a huge green mass of goo. He just laid there..... I yelled to my husband that we needed to go to the vet wrapped Rocky in a Towle and left. Poor Bullwinkle his buddie was lost. He knew that his buddie was sick had been avoiding him for months. We got to the vet and I knew what had to be done. I held him the whole time.. He licked me and I bawled like a baby. Needless to say we came home empty handed. God it hurts. I am trying to be happy and deal but not going so well. Bully is lost will not eat, no playing just lays there. Worried about him too.
Thanks for letting me ramble on... Hopefully this will help me.

I have read a lot here on how to try and get thru the greiving somedays are better than others! I am getting a pandora bead made with some of Rockys ashes in the glass, my kids had a blanket made with his picture on it for me for Christmas...soo I can snuggle with him all I want... What thoughtful kids! They too miss him.

I know I have not been on here for a very long time.... Thanks again for letting me share.

I love you Rocky Dog!
RockyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!