View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
barneysmommmy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

My Anna is similar. We got her in May. She is 6 years old and spent those years as a breeder in a cage. She has progressively become more loving and more aggressive. After some research, I feel she has fearful aggression, which is stated to be hard to break. Like you described, she was very standoffish at first. Some kind people here on yt, yorkietalkjilly in particular, have given me great advice. I wish we had been more proactive with her. You need to stay on top of the nipping. Anna also started out with barking and snapping, but now she is a full blown biter and she brings blood. We are having to work daily at training her to ignore the door. Our vet says she may never outgrow this. For now, she is sequestered to the bedroom when we have visitors. My son takes the brunt of her aggression. When she is good, she is darling. She now plays with toys and plays chase with me through the house. She is a true lap dog and sits on my lap at every opportunity. Fortunately, she loves our other dogs. So that has never been an issue. Good luck and stay on top of things.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!