View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
dustybinz
Yorkie Talker

Sad sad pup who was abused . what to do ?

We've had dusty ( a 2 yr old yorkie bitch ) and everything was great.
A week ago my wife saw a 2 year old male yorkie at a rescue shelter , called gizmo , and as we had talked for a year about getting another yorkie , for company for dusty we decided to go get him.

so , we picked up this little guy gizmo.
He had 2 owners before us. The first owner abused him. Physically , I assume. He was rescued from the first owner.
The second owners were an older family i think , and afaik , they had to get rid of him due to illness.
So , we now have a little dog who is very strange , looks very sad and forlorn all the time.
when he sits with us , and dusty ( who is outgoing and boisterous ) is in the room , gizmo willface the other way. If he is sitting on my wifes knee and dusty goes near him , he'll growl and can be quite snappy. He has even snapped at us a few times.
He doesnt want to play. He doesn't eat treats. He is very withdrawn and just wants to sleep a lot. When we stroke him , he's fine and really laps it up , putting his head beneath your hand , nudging it to stroke his head , but then when we stand up to walk away , he barks angrily at us.
We just want to give this little a good home but we want to help bring him out of his shell.
Apparently he likes cats , but he likesgoing for a walk , likes car rides , and chicken , but we know very little else so far.

how can we bring him out of his shell ?
dustybinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!