Thread: LP and CLL tear
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
lovepink11
Yorkie Talker

Thank you for the responses!! He is board certified. The surgery he could do now would be a vinyl suture for the CLL, but that may not hold up due to her LP. The TPLO is the preferred method but he can't do this until her growth plates close, she is only 7 months old. He said he can repair her LP at that time, but it depends on how extreme the patella is medially displaced. He also said it is rare at her age for this to be at this point already, and it does make it more difficult to treat. I am making another appt with another surgeon just for a second opinion. He was very understanding and very gentle with Emmie and his staff was very kind. He mentioned arthritis and we discussed the pain factor. The medications right now are helping her and I will do everything to keep her comfortable. So I will save up for the surgery and try to keep her as calm and confined as possible until she is a candidate. Or maybe the other surgeon will have other options. I will definitely find a way to pay if there is something that will help. I just don't want her to suffer. It just doesnt seem fair at all. I have VPI pet insurance but it doesnt cover LP at all or CLL tears within the first year of coverage.
lovepink11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!