View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
Bnot
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Adonis took my heart with him.

My poor baby had one hell of a year. Last November, 2 days after vaccines, he was diagnosed with Ataxia. May he was diagnosed with Renal failure. We were managing that fairly well with home made food.

He went blind over the summer. Seems he had a harder time dealing with that than either of the other 2 things.

Then he quit eating, and that isn't good for renal failure dogs. Went downhill as his creatinine level climbed.

Got pretty bad. Couldn't hold anything down.

I got him in 2001, and he's been with me through some pretty dark times. He was my heart and soul.

I was praying he'd go on his own time, but things went south. I did NOT want to have to make that decision, but I had little choice. He'd shake really bad anytime he held his little head up. Too weak to walk. No quality of life left at all. Had all the really bad signs a dog could have with renal failure.

I'm still numb, and keep looking for him. Picked up my car keys today, and looked at his bed, to see if his ears had perked.

I'm somewhat better today, but yesterday was horrible. Venus is still with me. She's been loving on me a lot when I cry.

I loved him so much, he was my life. Renal failure is a mean disease. I was going to attach a pic, but my file was too large.

Really don't think what all that went on with him this last year, was fair. But nobody said life was fair.
Bnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!