View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #13
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Diane View Post
Hello All,
I am new to this forum. My Yorkie puppy is arriving in a few days. Tomorrow I am going puppy shopping! I will be getting a bag of his usual puppy food beyond that I am not sure what to get. I read that Yorkies should where harnesses and not collars. Also what type of grooming combs and brushes do I need. What are good toys to get? Is Nutri-Cal a necessity? I would appreciate any advice.
Thank you very much,
Diane and Oscar
Buy Pet Insurance after your first wellness check. All the rest you have been given good suggestions for. You just don't want to know the folks that have posted here, there dog has hurt themselves or has LS or LP and needs surgery and where will I get the money from! Do yourself a favor and buy one of the good Pet Insurance Plans; we have threads on here about this, I personally like Trupanion as it does cover genetic defects.

Take your dog in for their wellness check within 48 hrs of receiving your puppy. I am expecting a puppy sometime mid January and have already booked my vet appointment, subject to change if the date swings around a bit.

Do a very full wellness check, including urine, fecal, and bloodwork (if your pup is not too small to collect blood), and the vet should do a top to bottom examination of your pup. That means eyes, ears, mouth/bite, shoulders, elbows, hips, knees, rear end.

The rest of the stuff others have mentioned is good to have and if you are in a winter climate a sweater would be good and a harness even if it is a cat harness.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!