View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 11:06 AM   #15
mylittletigger
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribal
OK I hate to ask a question on someone elses thread but here it goes.... (Nobody get mad at me) - I've seen threads about what everyone feeds there dogs and it's almost always some high priced food that I've never heard of... Or something I have to go to the next town to petsmart to get. Is the brand of dog food really important? I feed Lucy and Tank Purina puppy chow soft bites. I'm just not a person to pay the money for something overpriced and just a name brand! Does it really matter? Lucy and tank love their food but I am willing to switch if there is an upside to the expensive food besides just the name brand....

Crystal

Let me ask you this, How many times a day does your dog go poop? gross question but yes it is very important to our topic discussion. The more premium the food, the less clean up. Read your ingrediants. The first three ingrediants are what your dogs food mainly consist of. Meat should always be the first one. Corn should be lower on the list like fourth or fifth because corn in not digestible in dogs or humans. Also make sure there aren't that many by-products which consists of heads, feet and intestines. Really gross stuff.

What we are stating about our food is yes, it does work. The kibbles are usually much smaller and better tasting. They poop less and when they do poop it's more compact and doesn't smell nearly as much. It also makes a noticeable difference in their coat and skin apperance. The coat is usually a lot silkier, and their skin is usually a lot better. It's definitly worth the extra money. AND because they are sustaining more nutrients in their system they also eat less. Which means less going to the store and in the long run more money in your pocket.

Tigger goes through a three pound bag of Royal Canin once every month and a half or so. He poops once a day, sometimes two. And his coat is really shiny and his skin isn't nearly as dry. His food costs per month $7.49. I, for sure, think its worth the money.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!