View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #10
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Default Good Luck !

I strongly suggest that you find a mentor (breeder) near you to teach you what is important and how to do it the right way. Honestly thou, if this had been my female she would not have been bread a second time. Hopefully she will do the motherly thing which in most cases comes naturally but if not you must be totally prepared to become a surrogate mother to them and supplement (bottle feed) their feedings. That will not be an easy task but may be necessary in order to save their lives.

Your baby is going to need you by her side during whelping to help her. If during the birthing process she should become tired it can put the life of the remaining pups in jeopardy. There are so many things that can and will go wrong and like the last time milk production is a huge issue. Some momma's don't get their milk in right away but the babies still must suckle in order to get the nutritional value of the colostrum which provides important antibiotics that they must have. It is important that each of the puppy latches on to get the colostrum and in order to help the milk come in. Be sure that she is getting a proper diet of calcium three to four times a day the last two weeks of her pregnancy and even more afterwards and lots of water. She should be on a high calcium diet of puppy food during the entire time she is nursing.

I wish you much luck and I pray that your baby does well. Meanwhile here is a site that has an abandons of information about the proper care of the mother during gestation and both her and the pups after.

Canine Reproduction Video and Book on Breeding and Whelping dogs by Debbie Jensen for dog breeders and Whelping Supplies needed to deliver puppies.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!