View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #12
tokipoki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I have a similar experience to others here...my pups sleep a lot when I'm at home so I'm certain that they spend most of their time alternating between window-watching and napping when I'm gone. Once or twice a week, they'll be home alone for 7 or 8 hours but the other days I'm here most of the time when I'm not in class or the hospital.

I definitely would not recommend getting a puppy without having the time to be at home (or having other people to be at home) a lot with him...2 weeks doesn't seem like enough time to work with training and allowing a pup to acclimate (I'm just saying for a puppy it would be particularly difficult, although you did not mention what age dog you'd be interested in getting).

We added Teddy to our family when he was around 10 months and that made the transition of having a 2nd dog much easier since he was older. He was already housebroken, not teething, and got along well with Toki. There is no way that I could have taken on a young puppy having to go through all of the constant supervision/frequent potty breaks/etc. with my schedule at the time but an older puppy (close in age and energy level to my current dog) was perfect. With that being said, I really love having 2 dogs. It is a bonus that the two of mine play together and can keep each other company but it was not the primary deciding factor for me.
tokipoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!