View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Your pup is still a bit too young to be fully potty trained it take a while in order for them to sleep through the night.

I may have a lot to do with how late you allow them to eat. I don't know that you are but if you let him eat and drink late into the night than of course he will need to go out to relieve himself. My dog are as old and 11 and as young as 4 and I still cut them off at 8pm every night. That gives them plenty of time to relieve themselves before they go down for the night. We go out as late as 12-1 am and as early as 6am when someone gets up for school or work and all four of my pups sleep through the night.

I would suggest taking up their food and water and allowing him at least 4 hrs to empty their bladder and go poo before going down for the night. If they fall asleep than wake them up and take them out ne last time.

If you have taken them out and he still cries than he want something else. Probably in your bed is my guess, so you need to figure out if that is a habit you are willing to start or if you should stand your ground and make him sleep in his cage. Just remember that habits are hard to break just as getting into a set routine of sleeping in a cage is . No matter what you choose, just be consistent.

Last edited by dawn27; 12-10-2013 at 07:44 PM.
dawn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!