View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #24
yorkiefan_
I ♥ my Cookie Monster!
Donating Member

Oh my God, I can't imagine losing my furbutt so quickly. I know what you mean about expecting to see Jasper at every turn. It took me at least two weeks for me to stop walking to Minnie's favorite spots in the house, expecting to be able to see her, get kisses, wrestle around, stuff like that, and then realizing she's gone when I got there. I'd always be turning my head to look to see if I needed to chase her out the kitchen when cooking dinner (was always paranoid she'd run under my feet and make me drop a pot or something).

I would say don't rush into getting your next pup. I know I thought about it not too long after Minnie passed, and one night I had this horrible nightmare that I had the cutest little yorkie pup in the world but that I just couldn't play with or snuggle with him because I wanted Minnie, not anyone else. It's about the saddest dream I think I have ever had. So I waited until it was obvious that it was the right time to get another yorkie pup, and spent a lot of time researching breeders. Found a breeder I loved, got my pup Cookie, and either that week or the next I had a dream Minnie and Cookie were out on an expedition, with a smiling and excited Minnie leading the way and Cook and I following.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!